To bring cultural relics collected by the museums back to life Shandong province takes steps to reinforce the work on protection and conservation of the cultural relics in full aspects. (Zhongguo Wenwubao 中国文物报 23. 10. 2015, page 13)
Step 1: Officially establishes the Shandong Provincial Protection and Conservation Center of Cultural Relics in Jinan. The opening ceremony was held on June 24th 2015. The Center belongs to the Shandong Provincial Bureau of Cultural Relics. Its tasks are mainly relating to the protection and conservation of the movable cultural relics; research, spreading and exchange of the conservation techniques; training of the conservation professionals.
Step 2: starts to build the Protection, Research and Conservation Workshop of Cultural Relics of Shandong Province in Jinan. It plans to cover an area of approx. 66000m². The 1st stage of construction will include 4 parts: a storehouse for keeping selected cultural relics, a base for sorting out archaeological materials, a base for doing protection and conservation of cultural relics and a center for promoting public archaeology.
Step 3: Enhances exchanges and communications with universities and research institutions. Actively pushing forward cooperation with other provinces and foreign countries.
- Upper left: Mr. GU Yucai (Deputy Director of State Administration) and Mr. LI Xiangyi (Deputy Governor of Shandong Province) attended the opening ceremony of Shangdong Provincial Protection and Conservation Center of Cultural Relics
- Upper right: Airview of Research and Conservation Workshop of Cultural Relics of Shandong Province
- Lower left: An Volunteer team of Shandong Province who is doing general survey on movable cultural relics is involved in the information collecting work of the Shandong Provincial Museum
- Lower right: A staff of General Survey Office, Zoucheng, Shandong Province, is collecting image data of cultural relics
- http://www.ccrnews.com.cn/index.php/Index/content/id/58477.html, accessed: 2015-10-30